Brand Override Custom Fields allow the user to set a Custom Field on the Sales Order which overrides the brand used for the header.
NOTE: If users intend to use completely Custom Reports for Brand Override, the reports will need to have it modified to include brand overrides. Please check with your Custom Report provider to ensure your reports are modified to include brand override.
***NOTE: Any names for fields that are specified below are important and must be entered exactly as shown. ***
Setting up the Brand Override Custom Field List
1. Navigate to Setup > Custom Lists
2. Click New Custom List
3. This will populate the New Custom List page, where you will need to complete the following fields:
- List Name: Brand Override Custom Field List
- List Description: Used for the custom field to determine branding on the reports (or any similar description)
4. Click Save
5. This will populate the Brand Override Custom Field List record, where you will need to add the various brands
6. In the List Items section, enter the Name and Value of each brand:
- Name: Should match the name of the service that has the brand image
- Value: Should match the ID of the service that has the brand image.
- To identify the ID for the Service, navigate to Setup > Services
- Click on the Service related to the Name entered in List Items
- The ID for the service will be located in the URL:
7. Click Add List Items after each new item entered
8. Once all items are entered, the List Items section should look something like this:
What about creating a Brand Overrides that isn’t linked to a service but for manual orders?
In this scenario either create a random service that isn’t actually connected or just use the LOCATE Jasper Report Server service, upload the header there, and set that as the ID.
Setting up the Brand Override Custom Field
The Brand Override Custom Field can be set up on Quotes, Sales Orders or Use Orders.
1. Navigate to Settings > Sales Orders > Custom Fields > Sales Order (or Quotes/Use Orders)
2. This will populate the Sales Order Custom Fields page, where the following fields need to be completed:
- Name: LOCATE Brand Override
- NOTE!! – The image above shows “Brand Override” but the field must specifically contain “LOCATE Brand Override”
- Description (optional): Used to determine branding on the reports
- Type: Listbox
- Required: No
- Auto-Copy: No
- List: Brand Override Custom Field List
3. Click Save
4. This will populate the Brand Override Custom Field record
Setting up the Image for the Brand Override
NOTE: When you create and save the image, ensure the filename is “ReportHeader” but the filetype can be any valid image type.
The image for the Brand Override should be uploaded to the Service’s Documents tab.
1. Navigate to Setup > Services
2. Click on a Service you set up the Brand Override for
3. Click on the Docs tab
4. This will navigate to the Service Document record, where the following fields need to be completed:
- Document Upload: Click Choose Files and select the Report Header image you have created for that brand
- Click Open (NOTE! Ensure the filename of the image you are uploading is titled “ReportHeader” without quotes ie: ReportHeader.jpg or ReportHeader.png)
- Service: This will be auto-populated with LOCATE Storage
- Type: (Will be inactive/greyed out)
- Description (optional): Enter a more detailed description if the name of the file is vague
5. Click Upload – The image file should look like the below after being uploaded to the service
Setting the Custom Field on the Quote, Sales Order or Use Order
On a Quote, Sales Order or Use Order, a user can select the Service whose brand header the report should use, and it will change on the report.
NOTE: The Invoice, RMA and Packing Slip will look back at the Sales Order to reflect the brand.
Impact of Custom Field on Reports
The Custom Field will now affect the report. On the sales order or invoice, you can select the service whose brand header the report should use, and it should change on the report.
Here are all of the reports that currently support Brand Overrides:
- Sales Order
- Packing Slip
- Use Order