As a web-based solution, LOCATE is accessed via an internet browser. We strongly recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser when using LOCATE.
NOTE: This browser recommendation extends to when you are connecting services to LOCATE. Users have experienced error messages when attempting to connect a service using a browser other than Firefox or Chrome.
During implementation LOCATE customers are assigned a unique URL for their company. Individual users must be setup in LOCATE in order to successfully login with their email address and password. For instructions on creating users in LOCATE, continue here.
To login to LOCATE you will use your email address and password. If you do not know your password or have forgotten your password see the reset password section below.
NOTE: LOCATE will lock out a user after 10 failed login attempts. The user will then be temporarily “locked out”, preventing them from trying to login again for 30 minutes. The user will receive an email notification letting them know of the lock out.
Resetting a Password
There are two ways to reset a password, either from the login page or using an admin account.
Reset Password from Login Page
- On the log in page of the user’s LOCATE instance, type the user’s email in to the email address field
- Check the box labeled “Forgot Password?”
- Click the Reset Password button
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password
Reset Password from Admin Account
- Navigate to Setup > Users
- Search for the user you would like to reset a password for
- Click on the Quick Action dropdown to the left and select Reset Password
- Type in a new password and confirm the new password
- Click Update Password
Production Instances vs. Sandbox Instances
- The Production Instance is the instance that will be the official LOCATE instance for the customer upon Go-Live.
- The Sandbox Instance is the instance that is set up for testing/training. These are set up for a customer prior to Go-Live to use as needed, and will remain active for 30 days post Go-Live. If customer’s choose to retain the Sandbox instance, they either need to indicate this on their Software Contract, or let LOCATE know before the 30 days is up.
- If your instance has expired (it’s 30 days post your Go-Live) the cost for setting up and maintaining a sandbox instance is $50 per month.
- If your instance is about to expire (it’s not yet been 30 days since your Go-Live) you can contact LOCATE and let them know you wish to retain the Sandbox, which will cost $50 per month to maintain the instance.
- This instance will be set up with the same number of user licenses as your Production Instance.
- If you choose to retain the Sandbox, this will be a monthly recurring charge that will be automatically processed until you choose to discontinue/cancel, at which point access to the sandbox instance will be revoked immediately.
- NOTE: No audit data is copied into sandbox instances – only raw data. Any audit data you see in a sandbox occurred in the sandbox.